Hi, I'm Tom, a software engineer specializing in API design & development.
I have extensive experience in tech lead & project management roles, with a career that spans speech recognition, networking infrastructure, and web & mobile development.
I have developed one of the world's leading API frameworks, managing a project that now has over 1,000 individual contributors. My open-source software is used by internationally recognized companies including Mozilla, Red Hat, Eventbrite, Heroku, and many more…
Alongside my open-source work, I also have some availability for software development & design on a consultancy basis. If you would like to discuss working together, please get in touch.
- Director, Encode. 2016-present.
- Technical Lead, DabApps. 2012-2016.
- Senior Web Engineer, Bright Interactive. 2010-2012.
- Senior Software Engineer, Velocix/Alcatel-Lucent. 2006-2009.
- R&D Engineer, Softsound/Autonomy. 2001-2004.
- MPhil, Computer Speech & Language Processing, Cambridge University. 2000-2001.
- First class BSc, Computer Science, Manchester University. 1997-2000.
- Software Developer, BAe SEMA. 1996, 1997.